ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF CENTRAL EXCISE
GAZETTED EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
(Recognised by G.O.I., Min. of Fin. vide letter F.No. B. 12017/10/2006-Ad.IV A Dt.21.01.08)
Ref. No. 1/Pr/2013 Dt. 10.01.13
MASS RESIGNATION BY GAZETTED EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
All the Gazetted Executive Officers of Central Excise, Customs and Service Tax Department of Central Government posted throughout the country will take part in the agitation to be conducted during 24.02.13 to 01.03.13 ,boycott the Excise Day on 24.02.13 and finally will submit mass resignation on 30.04.13. The Gazetted Executive Officers posted in entire 124 Commissionerates have confirmed their participation in the strike action. The strike is organized by the All India Central Excise Gazetted Executive Officers, New Delhi on the basis of the strike notice served on 31.12.2012 to Finance Minister of India for a settlement of the 10 Point charter of demands (copy enclosed).
The Gazetted Executive Officers of throughout the country are mainly agitated over the delay in approval of Cadre Restructuring proposals of Central Board of Excise and Customs and cleared by the Department of Expenditure since long by the Department of Personnel & Training which is headed by the Prime Minister of India
It is required to approve Cadre Restructuring in every 5 years but only 2 cadre restructurings were approved during 1991 and 2001 by Central Government for this old Department which was created during the year 1944. There are near about 12000 Gazetted Executive Officers working in Central Excise, Service Tax and Customs Department but all most all of these Gazetted Executive Officers are retiring without getting promotion to Gr-A posts. The reason of such acute stagnation is mainly attributed for non conducting of Cadre Restructuring within the time frame prescribed by Central Government. The Gazetted Executive Officers known as Superintendent of Central Excise are retiring after getting only one promotion in their service career on account of decades long acute stagnation. They are deprived of the appropriate pay scale/pay band & grade pay. They are facing the worst career prospects and working conditions. The employee grievance redressal mechanism has totally failed as the administration has no interest to redress the staff grievances. The Gazetted Excutive Officers of Central Excise are forced to work under the extreme juniors of Customs belonging to the same cadre. The cadre restructuring is pending with the government for last 6 years. The concerned authorities are taking nothing seriously in relation of any of the issues. In view the above, the Association is forced to decide to revive the agitational programme.
Accordingly, the notice is being served upon by the Association on 31.12.2012 intimating that all its members would observe protest week from 24.02.13 to 01.03.13 by wearing black badges, having peaceful demonstration in lunch hours on 01.03.13 and totally boycotting the Excise Day function on 24.02.13 throughout the country. As a next step, all its members also may submit mass resignations on 30.04.13 in protest. The 10 points charter of demands as submitted by the Association on 29.10.12 along with other points were discussed in the meeting held on 02.11.2012 under the Chairpersonship of Member(P&V), Central Board of Excise and Customs and the Member(P&V) was pleased to assure the Office Bearers to settle all the grievances within three months.
The Member (P&V) was also further pleased to appeal the Association to defer its agitational programme for 3 months. Accordingly ADG (HRM) of HRD, CBEC issued one letter duly approved by Member (P&V) to the Association asking to defer the agitational programme. Therefore, the programme was deferred for the time being as per the request of Member (P&V). Despite the assurance to settle grievances of association in the time bound manner, not a single point has yet been settled by Board. Therefore it has been unanimously decided in the Associate Committee meeting of the Association to revive the programme during the month of February, 2013, if all its grievances are not settled in time bound manner within 31.01.2013.
Charter of demands
1. Immediate implementation of the cadre restructuring without any cut as already approved by the Expenditure. All proposed posts to be approved permanently and be filled-up by promotions only alongwith all posts likely to be vacant within 5 years of implementation of cadre restructuring without any direct recruitment in group ‘A’ during the period.
2. Parity with other counterparts of CSS, CBDT etc. either in the cadre restructuring or independent of it to retire our officers also in PB-4.
3. Immediate fulfilment of the commitments like ‘all the vacancies of cadre restructuring to be filled up by promotions & extend this benefit for more than 1 years’, ‘creation of separate service for group ‘B’ executive officers’, ‘promotion of group ‘B’ gazetted executive officer directly to STS like CSS’, ‘minimum qualifying service for promotion to gazetted post should be uniform for Inspector, PO & Examiner’, ‘all Inspectors, PO’s & Examiners of same year should be brought to same level of promotion’ etc. etc. made during the presentation on cadre restructuring proposal on 18.01.11 in consonance of the submissions made by the Association vide its Ref. No. 13/11 Dt. 27.01.11.
4. At least four functional promotions in the service career.
5. Immediate implementation of the Supreme Court verdict dt. 03.08.11/30.03.12 by framing “just, fair & equitable” recruitment rules and abiding all the ad hoc promotions with the same duly granting notional promotions to the seniors of Central Excise whose juniors of Customs have already been promoted.
6. Initial grade pay of Rs. 5,400/- in PB3 to the Superintendents of Central Excise w.e.f. the date of the grant of this grade pay/equivalent pay scale to the other analogous counterparts of IB, CBI etc.
7. Time-scale in PB3 instead of PB2 to the Superintendents completing 4 years of service and promotions to all Superintendents directly to the post of Deputy Commissioner (STS post) to maintain parity between the officers of headquarters organisations & field offices. Also counting of regular service in non-discriminatory manner as compared to CSS etc.
8. At least a grade pay of Rs. 6,600-/ & 7,600/- on IInd & IIIrd MACP upgradation without offsetting with time scale on the lines of MACPS adopted by the State Governments like Uttar Pradesh etc. or even on better lines on account of the originating source (i.e., 6th CPC) being the same.
9. Finalisation of in-situ promotion scheme under consultation of the Association.
10. Holding of regular minuted meetings under employee grievances redressal mechanism.
ALL INDIA CENTRAL EXCISE GAZETTED EXECUTIVE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION