ALL INDIA CENTRAL EXCISE INSPECTORS’ ASSOCIATION,
REPRESENTATING INSPECTORS OF CENTRAL EXCISE COMMISSIONERATES JAIPUR -I, JAIPUR- II & CUSTOMS JODHPUR
[A Circle of AICEIA recognized by Ministry of Finance vide F.No.B.12017/1/2004-Ad.IV A dated 31.12.07 & 14.1.08]C.No. -CCEEOA/JPR/ DDO/2009/ Dated 24.11.2009 ( Submitted at 11.00 Hrs on 24.11.2009)
Shri ML Vijay,
The Election officer,
All India Central Excise Inspector Association,
Rajasthan Circle, Jaipur
Subject:- Grant of voting rights to all the inspectors who have either become members of the AICEIA or are willing to become members even now by filling up the membership form/ letter of authorisation- reg.
It is respectfully submitted that in view of your judicious approach and adherence to fairness this association appointed your goodself as election officer to conduct the election of the circle of recognised All India Central Excise Inspectors Association in consultation with members through a request and appointment letter issued by our President.
2. Sir, as you aware that the association, being a recognized body under the CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993, is bound by the Rules and the Constitution. The elections to elect the office bearers of the Units, Branches and Circle office bearers have to be conducted as per the constitution amongst the members of the recognized AICEIA. As there was a general perception amongst many of the members that deduction of membership fees from the monthly salary is not a pre-requisite for contesting the elections or casting the votes and accordingly, many members have even requested that their membership subscription may be discontinued forthwith as others have not started paying it. Moreover, there were some requests stating that those who are contributing the monthly subscription to continue as members of the association can not be equated with those who are not contributing the same. Therefore, in this background the matter was referred to SG AICEIA for decision, as the meeting dated 10.11.2009 did not have on its agenda this issue for discussion nor any decision was taken in this regard in that meeting.
3. The SG vide reply received through mail at 20:34 on 21-11-2009 has informed that “at this situation I am unable to give any clarification, the decision taken by the Circle and the election officer will be final”. In view of this position and since we are committed to ensure that all the inspectors, who are members of the AICEIA or who are willing to become members even now by filling up the membership form/ letter of authorisation, exercise their voting rights, suitable steps need to be taken. Hence, keeping in view the provisions of the AICEIA constitution, the practice followed recently in Chandigarh, Gujrat and other circles and the legal position as contained in the CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 we are requesting your goodself to extend the last date of filing nominations up to 5th Dec.2009 without disturbing the over all election schedule so as to enable all the officers to become members of the AICEIA and take part in the elections.
4. The members who have not yet filed their authorisation letters are also being requested vide Circular dated 24.11.2009 to fill up their authorisation forms by 30th November,2009 and submit the same to the undersigned by 2nd December,2009 so that after reconciling the same with exiting list of members the final list of members of AICEIA Rajasthan can be submitted to your goodself before 5th December,2009 to conduct election as per the constitution in a legal manner without debarring any one from their participation in Election 2009. All the office bearers, contesting members and members of task force have also been requested to assist in this common cause.
5. Sir, you are requested to issue a suitable circular in the capacity of election officer of AICEIA Rajasthan to conduct the election process as per legal/constructional provisions. A copy of circular issued by the election officer in similar matter during recent election of Chandigarh Circle is enclosed for your good self’s reference as the election of recognised All India Central Excise Inspector Association is to be conducted from the members of recognised AICEIA only. Copy of Constitution of All India Central Excise Inspector Association is available at http://www.cenexkerala.org/_documents/AICEIA-constitution.pdf
6. With reference to your letter dated 18.11.2009 regarding availability of money for conduct and completion of the election proceedings, I am requesting the President AICEIA Rajasthan circle (the cheque signing authority) to send a cheque of appropriate amount in consultation with the finance secretary before 30th November,2009.
Encl;- A/AYours faithfully,
Copy for information to the;-
1. Chief Commissioner Central Excise Jaipur Zone, for information.
2. Shri kousik roy, the Secretary General, All India Central Excise Inspectors’ Association, Block-‘B’ Flat No. 301 68, Shibpur Road, Shibpur, Mandirtala, Howrah-711102.
3. Shri Abhay Singh, President of AICEIA Rajasthan (the cheque signing authority) with a request to issue a cheque for Rs. 15000/- to the AICEIA Kolkatta as 25% contribution of total collection from membership fees for the period from January 2009 to October 2009 as per the AICEIA constitution and a cheque of appropriate amount to the election officer in consultation of finance secretary before 30th November,2009
4. Shri Sudhir Tiwari( VP, AICEIA Raj.), Shri PD Beniwal( Dy. GS, AICEIA Raj.).
5. Shri Arvind Sharma( Finance secretary, AICEIA Rajasthan) with request to coordinate with the President to issue required cheques.
6. The Divisional/ Branch Representatives (All).
7. Association Notice Board/ Blog.