Federation Circular- 04/09
The CEC meeting of the All India Association held in
The meeting was inaugurated by Chief Commissioner Sri D.S.Sra and presided over by our All India President Sri Arun Zachariah.P. the minutes of the 15th Convention held at
The Secretary General presented his action taken report to the house and the Treasurer Sri Suman Chakraborty also placed the statement of A/c before the house for deliberation. Besides this an opinion of the house was also sought for on the agenda of a one day token strike and a letter from the Secretary General. ITEF was circulated within the house on the above matter.
On 4th of July the proposal on restructuring was discussed at length and suggestion from different circles/ branches received, we shall finalise the proposal shortly and after submission of the same it will be circulated to every branch/ circle.
All the units took part in deliberation and the meeting decided that the Inspectors of Central Excise should commence an agitation on the following agenda:
1. The anomaly in the pay scale consequent to the merger of 3 pay scales by the CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 thereby placing the feeder cadre of Senior Tax Assistant and the promotional cadre of Inspector in the same grade pay.
2. The denial of notional fixation with effect from 01.01.1996 in the pre-revised scale of Rs. 6500-10500/-. The scale was granted on 21.04.04 in order to restore historical parity of pay scales with Inspectors of CBI & IB.
3. To review the clarification issued by DOE to CBEC denying the non-functional grade pay of Rs. 5400/- after 4 years of service in the grade pay of Rs. 4800/- to ACP recipient Inspectors.
4. Proper measures should be taken to remove acute stagnation of the cadre of Inspector of Central Excise and Inspector cadre organization should be included in the restructuring committee.
5. Inclusion of Inspector cadre organization in the Anomaly committee.
The agitation programme would be as appended below.
1. Lunch Hour Demonstration in front of Chief Commissioner’s/ Commissioner’s offices through out the country, that should start from 15th July and it will be observed on every Wednesday in every head quarters for one month.
2. 25th to 28th of August wearing of Black Badges and Lunch hour Dharna in front the above mentioned Offices.
3. Memorandum is to be submitted on 28th in front of All chief commissioners for onward transmission to the Ministry.
4. Sending of post cards to Cabinet Secretary and Finance Minister on 9th of September.
5. Lunch our demonstrations will continue on every week followed by massive poster campaign with the mention of a probable strike action.
6. Pay boycott on 30th of September..
7. Third week of October office bearers will discuss about the feasibility of a strike action in the month of November.
In the entire period of our agitation persuasion will continue.It was also decided that special initiative will be taken for Collection of D.D.O certificates within August 09 and Reorganisation of defunct circles and branches
The minutes of the meeting will be circulated shortly.
( Kousik Roy)
To The President &All Office Bearers of AICEIA (for wide circulation of inputs to the Members of all Circles/Branches)