Ref. No.CBEC/130/2009 Dated: 14.08.2009
Chairman, Central Board of Excise and Customs,
North Block,New Delhi.
Sub: Notice for agitation
Kindly refer to our letter under ref. no. CBEC/119/2009 Dated: 10.07.2009 wherein we have mentioned that the Inspectors of Central Excise are highly aggrieved on the treatment they have received from the Government while implementing the VI Central Pay Commission recommendations and lack of initiative in addressing the acute stagnation faced by the cadre. Sustained persuasion on both the matters have yielded no results.
As per the decision of the CEC meeting of the All India Central Excise Inspectors’ Association held in Chandigarh from 3rd and 4th of July 2009 Inspectors of Central Excise is observing lunch hour demonstration on the following agenda:
1. The non rectification of the anomaly in the pay scale consequent to the merger of 3 pay scales by the CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 thereby placing the feeder cadre of Senior Tax Assistant and the promotional cadre of Inspector in the same grade pay.
2. The denial of notional fixation with effect from 01.01.1996 in the pre-revised scale of Rs. 6500-10500/-. The scale was granted on 21.04.04 in order to restore historical parity of pay scales with Inspectors of CBI & IB.
3. To review the clarification issued by DOE to CBEC denying the non-functional grade pay of Rs. 5400/- after 4 years of service in the grade pay of Rs. 4800/- to ACP recipient Inspectors.
4. Proper measures should be taken to remove acute stagnation of the cadre of Inspector of Central Excise and Inspector cadre organization should be included in the restructuring committee.
5. Inclusion of Inspector cadre organization in the Anomaly committee.
We appreciate the initiative taken by the Revenue Secretary and our Board on 23rd of July 2009 to resolve at least the pay scale issue of Inspectors. In the said meeting Secretary (Revenue) had issued directions to convene another meeting in the 1st week of August 2009 to resolve the issue. I respectfully submit that the proposed meeting has not yet been convened. I submit that the entire cadre of Inspectors are highly distressed owing to this inaction despite the specific directions of the Secretary (Revenue) and are constrained to intensify our agitation. Hence the cadre of Inspectors are again launching their 2nd phase of agitation programme from 18th of August The proposed action plan is placed underneath.
2. 24th to 28th of August 2009-wearing of Black Badges and Lunch hour Dharna in front the above mentioned Offices.
3. Sending of telegram to Secretary (Revenue) and the Chairman CBEC on 28th of August, 2009.
4. Pay boycott on 31st of August, 2009.
5. Whole day Dharna Programme in every offices on 9th of September 2009 and demonstration in solidarity with the ITEF.
Copy submitted to :
· Sri P.V.Bhide, Secretary ( Revenue ), North Block, New Delhi-110002
· Sri K.K.N. Kutty, Secretary General, Confederation of central government, Employees workers. Manishinath Bhawan A-2/95 Rajouri Garden, New Delhi. 110 027.
· Sri Ashok Salunkhe, Secretary General, Manishinath Bhawan A-2/95 Rajouri Garden, New Delhi. 110 027